Sound Works Job Center
No Charge to Employers or Employees
Employment is the # 1 Basic Need in Western Washington. We have never seen our clients suffering as much as they have this year! Many have lost their jobs and are now living with their relatives, in cars or in the woods. They are begging for the free employment services and the compassion we provide. Many of the individuals we work with do not have access to phones, addresses, computers with internet access or a warm and caring place to seek employment. With the help of United Way, we are able to provide these vital services for you and our less fortunate friends and neighbors.
- Sound Works Job Center is a 501(C)3 non-profit origination which was established in 1988. Its purpose is to help low-income, homeless and unemployed individuals of Western Washington to prepare for and find meaningful employment at no cost to job seekers or employees. The organization is financed by various grants and donations.
- We have been providing a full range of employment related services for low-income, homeless and unemployed individuals for over 25 years.
- Since we started keeping records in 1995, we have had over 41,911 client visits for employment related services. A visit is registered each time a client visits our office for an employment related service such as help with a resume, cover letter, or a job search.
- Since 1995, clients which have found employment with the help of our organization, have returned over $15,000,000.00 to Western Washington communities. This does not include the funds saved by state, federal and tribal assistance programs by virtue of our job placements.
MISSION STATEMENTOur mission is both immediate and far ranging. Our immediate mission is to provide every low-income unemployed worker with the compassion, encouragement and tools he or she needs during their job search. Our long range mission is to promote community strength through individual job search success. Our clients and their families will develop stability and dignity through consistent employment support services and ultimately a job. We will also support, collaborate and partner with other organizations to reduce homelessness due to unemployment and promote long-term economic and financial stability. We also will attempt to find employment for disabled veterans and other clients with disabilities so they can maintain independent lives. GOALS
- Find our clients a job - Find them a better job - Find them a career.
- Improve family and individual financial situations and reduce homelessness.
- Train those seeking employment to handle themselves well in various employment situations and to approach work with a positive attitude.
- Reduce family violence and improve the low-income, homeless or teen family's economic situation through employment.
- Create a positive interaction between the community as a whole and low-income individuals seeking employment.
- Promote community and family strength through individual job search success.
- Work one-on-one with our clients to ensure they have a professional resume and good interview skills, which would enable them to complete a successful job search
- Provide every unemployed worker the compassion, encouragement and tools he or she needs during a successful job search.
Sound Works ... The connection between the employer and the employee ...
Sound Works Job Center is funded by grants from various organizations.
State of Washington's online employment services: Work Source
Site Hosted free by: DONOBI - ISP ServicesCopyright © 2001-2014 SWJC